Contemporary Fashion label Retrofete is seeking an Apparel Production Assistant to join their growing team at Mint Showroom and Retrofête, the brand. Our design team works with major retailers such as NET-A-PORTER, FWRD, Revolve, Shopbop etc.
- Managing and overseeing production
- Assist with fittings and production comments
- Facilitating the timely approval of components to support on time deliveries
- Garment specing and quality control
- Creating and updating tech packs
- Communicating with domestic and overseas factories
- 1-3 years experience working in womenswear production
- The ideal candidate would have experience in technical design and/or fashion production
- BA or BFA in technical design
- Good knowledge of womenswear garment construction
- Able and willing to travel internationally
- Detailed flat sketching ability
- Microsoft Office, Photoshop and Illustrator proficient
- Attention to detail and strong organizational skills
- Ability to multi task and work in a team environment
- Knowledge in embroidery and embellishment is a plus
- Positive, friendly, can-do attitude, willingness to learn
- Animal lover (we have an office puppy)
Must be authorized to work in the US
Salary depends on experience.
This position can be freelance or full-time depending on the work load and the candidate.
This is an amazing opportunity to join a growing company with a close-knit team and amazing office culture. At Retrofete our design, sales, and PR teams are all interconnected, providing a working and learning experience that is both unique and beneficial to our success.
Please email your portfolio, cover letter and resume to Tugce@MintShowroom.com