Apparel house seeks motivated, temporary Receptionist in Los Angeles, CA. This is an entry level role for someone who can greet visitors, answer phones, schedule Designer meetings and handle light office duties. Full time Monday through Friday. Fun missy brand is sold in brick-and-mortar boutiques, e-boutiques and major retailers such as Bloomingdale’s, Macy’s, Nordstrom & Haute Look, etc. We’re looking for someone with appreciation of fashion to participate in behind-the-scenes office duties. Customer service skills and positive attitude a must!
- Answer telephones and redirect callers to the appropriate associate
- Transfers callers to correct voice mailbox when the associate is unavailable
- Greets and directs visitors to department areas including Showroom or Design space
- Provides callers with company information such as address, directions, website, photoshoot locations, delivery areas, etc.
- Maintains digital guest book and check-in vendor logs
- Sorts and forwards mail. Ensures fashion magazines and industry trades are ordered and up-to-date
- Coordinates pick-up and delivery of express mail services for FedEx & UPS
- Manages and sets up community office areas such as conference rooms, break rooms, and waiting area with magazines, water and supplies
- Assist with other light office duties, calendars, and or emails for Design, Sales, or Social Media/ Marketing teams
- May assist with invoice research or customer/ vendor emails and calls and other tasks as assigned
Skills / Requirements
- Education minimum high school diploma or GED equivalent. Associates or Bachelor’s degree preferred, but not required.
- Preferred experience 3-months to 1 year of customer service or similar experience and/or training. Internship or volunteer work will be taken in to consideration.
- MS office use in Word and Outlook, some Excel. PC or MAC experience.
- Professional, proactive and positive demeanor at front desk.
- Possession of strong organizational skills with a service-oriented mindset.
- Clear and concise verbal and written communication skills with exceptional interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently on assigned tasks and accept direction on given assignments.
- Able to work collectively with the Administrative, Design, Sales, Accounting, Marketing, and other teams and associates.
- Ability to manage projects and communicate when complete.
- Must be able to commit for 3-months, full time during business hours onsite, Monday through Friday.
- Appeal to work and be part of a team at a RTW (ready to wear), boho-chic apparel company.
Duration & Hours
- Approximately 3-months, full time hours Monday through Friday 8:30am – 5:30pm.
- May extend duration or lead to a permanent company position. Location is in Vernon, CA, near downtown Los Angeles, parking onsite.
For immediate consideration, email resumes to email@example.com Please include “Receptionist, temporary” in the subject line.
This is a great opportunity for anyone starting in Fashion, or someone who wants to gain or add to their experience, or someone who is returning to the work place.
Talent Suede offers smart career choices and temporary opportunities for candidates of all levels.
For hot jobs, networking events, and career tips visit www.talentsuede.com