Assistant buyer’s main function is to assist the buying team in all aspects of the buying process. From order entry, budget planning, RTVs, to shipping management. Organization, attention to detail, and time management are important qualifications. The assistant buyer’s role is to always initiate ways to improve upon the entire buying process.
JOB FUNCTIONS (may include but not limited to):
- Entering PO’s, changes, cancellations, auditing confirmations, RTV’s, swaps, and any other necessary follow-up (both internally and externally). Collecting and filing images of each order for buyers’ reference
- Track and record pricing discrepancies. Accuracy in pricing mark ups/exchange rates. Ensuring minimum markup/margin achieved.
- Maintenance of payment terms and shipping: vendor discounts applied and correct shipping info provided
- Run vendor selling reports and distribute to appropriate representative/vendor and elysewalker team, as well as run bi-monthly jewelry consignment reports to provide to buyer
- Manage all shipments via shipping approval email:
- Approve all shipments, contact vendor about upcoming/late shipments
- Manage damaged product: communicate with vendor about replacement and RTV
- Maintain all buying team folders and on-order folders in OneDrive
- Manage entire inventory process for trunk shows
- Enter orders, process RTV, send selling reports to representative/vendor and elysewalker team
- Provide all numerical data for bi-annual buying team presentation
- Computer proficiency (strong excel skills)
- Excellent communication, organization and problem solving skills
- Detail oriented
- Retail mathematics skills
- Bachelor’s degree
- Prior retail experience preferred (i.e. buying internship or store level experience)
To Apply: Please send your resume to email@example.com, subject line Assistant Buyer.
Before curating high and low, near and far, and designer with contemporary became the norm in the business, elysewalker was doing just that. Mixing McQueen and Chloe with Iro and Frame Denim, the store blends it all seamlessly under one roof. Your closet keeps your Valentino blouses in arm’s reach of your Re/Done tees, why couldn’t a store? What started as just 900 sq feet tucked on an unassuming block in the Pacific Palisades has since attracted quite the following. So much so, now, elysewalker nearly is the block. Now with a second store located in Newport Beach, 150+ designers and a team of stylists to rival that of any department store, elysewalker is a Southern California tour de force.