Material World is seeking a full time remote stylist for MW’s box subscription service. The ideal candidate has a strong fashion sense, great brand awareness and is passionate about helping women curate stellar personal style. We are looking for a candidate who is a positive self-starter, understands how to effectively manage their time, possesses a strong eye for putting together outfits, and is passionate about environmental sustainability.
If you are interested in this role please proceed to our Stylist Quiz where you’ll be able to demonstrate your brand knowledge, as well as submit your resume and cover letter for our immediate review: https://goo.gl/forms/oYpeTgK6EcCqfdfr1
- Curating subscription boxes based on customers listed preferences.
- Achieve and maintain various performance metrics.
- Relay feedback on styling process in order to enhance efficiency in styling.
- Stay up to date with current fashion trends and all things fashion.
- Ability to commute to HQ in Brooklyn for onboarding and occasional meetings.
- Weekdays, weekends and holiday availability
Skills and Requirements
- Loves the challenge of selecting the perfect outfit for someone based on specific criteria.
- Ability to style a wide-range of customers by demonstrating a clear understanding of body type, sizing, customers geography, and age.
- Strong sense of product knowledge.
- Understanding of style categories (boho, classic, preppy, edgy and feminine).
- Well versed in a wide range of brands specifically brand style and fit.
- Receptive to feedback.
- Understands appropriate communication styles.
- Demonstrates strong time management skills.
- Works well under deadlines.
- Possesses strong problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Flexible with scheduling.
- Able to work 40 hours a week during allotted business hours.
- Must have your own computer to use.
- Retail sales experience a plus.
- Fashion degree double plus!
- Between 35-40 hours as needed
About Material World
Material World is the leading luxury fashion trade-in service. Upgrading your closet has never been so easy and guilt-free. Women send us designer fashions they no longer wear to earn upfront cash or site credit. Items collected from trade-ins find their new homes through resale or donation - not to a landfill. Some of the trade-in items are available for sale on our site Materialworld.co.
Founded by experienced online fashion professionals and Harvard Business School graduates in 2012, Material Wrld has been featured in the Wall Street Journal, ABC News, InStyle, Refinery29, Women’s Wear Daily, and TechCrunch. We are headquartered in Brooklyn's creative Industry City community in Sunset Park.
Being that we receive many inquiries daily, we ask that all potential candidates follow this link to our Style Assessment Quiz. The quiz is designed to test your knowledge on style, brands, and all things fashion. The style quiz should only take up to 20 minutes to complete. Upon completion of the quiz, we ask that you submit your resume and cover letter, as well. After further review of your application, we will be in touch regarding next steps with the Material World Remote Stylist application process. Thank you and good luck!