Paul Wilmot Communications was established in 1997 in New York City. Over the course of the last 20 years, the agency has produced a significant public relations track record drawing from the highest profile fashion houses, prestige beauty brands, global consumer brands, retailers, and luxury lifestyle clientele. By cross-promoting within our divisions, PWC offers our clients access to new markets, thought leadership and increased visibility.
The ideal candidate for this role will possess a breadth of experience across beauty and wellness clientele, with a minimum of 5-7 years of experience in this area. This candidate will manage a comprehensive roster of editorial contacts spanning Assistant, Associate and Executive-level in the beauty, wellness and lifestyle Press, and have the ability to negotiate and secure features, executive profiles, design stories, product placement and ongoing coverage on behalf of clients. This candidate will have superior knowledge of the evolving media landscape and regularly contribute to new ideas for placement opportunities.
- Lead and manage selected accounts with guidance and direction from Beauty Director and Managing Director
- Assist in drafting bi-annual PR plans for all beauty clients including new, buzz-worthy ideas
- Maintain aggressive account activity, using current PR plan as a framework
- Oversee workflow, deadlines, budgets, and resources (both team and dollars) for selected accounts
- Handle majority of all pitching for the client – including strategizing on larger scale editorial opportunities; continually update and monitor status report to ensure pitching efforts on track
- Research potential partnership opportunities / arrange meetings with strategic partners (including, but not limited to,speaking engagement opportunities, brand endorsements, event hosting, etc.)
- Attend divisional meetings equipped with pertinent updates, client issues, applicable news to share with Division
- Uphold a strong understanding of social and digital media and its overall importance
- A strong understanding and awareness of the influencing blogs and bloggers of the moment and the content belonging to each
- Train Junior AE and Assistant on team, including detailed walk-throughs of PWC protocol, showing example of how memos / mailings are done, Fashion GPS, etc.; supervise staff to ensure daily tasks are being handled
- Knowledge of Beauty and Wellness industry a plus
- Strong contacts at the Director Level preferred
- Ability to communicate on a professional level with top level executives
- Plan and execute press trips on behalf of clients
- Must have 5-7 years’ experience
- Open to all Candidates
- Must be good communicator with good writing skills
Please send resumes to email@example.com, subject line Senior Account Executive.