Account Executive needed for contemporary missy and women’s line in Los Angeles, CA. We’re looking for an upbeat Sales Rep should have a proven track record with 3 or more years of experience managing and growing accounts, preferably in the specialty boutique market. Travel to major tradeshows and client visits.
The Account Executive will build client relations while managing daily and long term activities to strengthen the brand, set and exceed sales targets and successfully build a book-of-business. This role sits on a motivated wholesale Sales & Merchandising team based in LA.
- Drive business by generating new leads; manage and continue to develop the current specialty boutique store accounts
- Utilize market research, trend analysis and trade show recaps to identify leads and potential clients
- Follow through with all leads with further prospecting; cold calling and other communication and relationship building
- Achieve seasonal and annual sales targets, continuously create strategic plans to obtain goals and increase leads
- Perform weekly, monthly and end-of-season sales reports and analysis for each account
- Maintain seasonal line sheets, if needed help to develop additional seasonal product information guides to educate clients & team with updated product information
- Monitor weekly available to sell; liaise with all cross teams such as Design, Production, Customer Service and warehouse teams to align calendar timelines and achieve client expectations
- Provide qualitative feedback and input on the market, select skus and collections based on accounts, client feedback and market insight
- Attend trade shows and travel to accounts; collect orders from buyers and follow through on all inquiries, concerns and additional orders and requests
- Assist with vendor account open to buy plans if needed
- Stay up to date on new collections, sku counts, sell through items and client exclusives
- Tradeshow prep. Anticipate client needs, partner with the Sales team and take direction from the VP of Sales & Merchandising.
- Oversee sample management, train assistants and junior team members
- High level of service, brand representation, communication and follow through
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s or Associate’s degree preferred with Merchandising, Fashion, Business, Communications or applicable coursework
- Experience of 2-5 years wholesale sales at a contemporary missy or women’s brand
- Should have specialty boutique experience, some book-of-business preferred
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, with presentation skills
- Experience working with Buyers and open to buy plans, margins, etc.
- Goal centric, and entrepreneurship mind-set, can work within a team and autonomously
- MS Office and Excel, systems savvy and trend awareness, industry researcher
TO APPLY: If you feel this sounds like a good match and interesting career opportunity, we’d love to hear from you! For immediate consideration, please email your resume to email@example.com
Talent Suede offers smart career choices for direct hire or temp-to hire roles for candidates of all levels. If you are a driven, multi-tasker looking for great opportunities or career insight in the apparel industry we want to connect with you! Join our community and hear about LA/ NY networking events on Instagram or see our website www.talentsuede.com