Launching summer 2019, ambrose is a New York City based luxury goods brand. We design and manufacture a range of fashion and lifestyle accessories. As a vertically integrated brand we manufacture all of our accessories in our own factory in downtown NYC. We are extremely passionate about quality and craftsmanship. We don’t just create stuff for the sake of stuff. We make meaningful things with purpose and integrity, and most of all we invest in our people and community.
Ambrose is seeking a talented and self-starting freelance SLG/Accessories Designer to lead the design and development for all accessories. This individual will own the full design and development process. Candidate must be well versed in complete development and design cycle specific to accessories, as well as have a strong background in vendor communication.
What you’ll do:
- Understand the ambrose aesthetic and translate it into appropriate product.
- Oversee seasonal conceptualization and creation of design concepts for bags/slgs/accessories.
- Responsible for entire product design process including market research, mood board creation, designing, sketching, specing and function.
- Set standard for color, materials, components, including style shape, functionality.
- Manage technical designs of all products from design to production.
- Responsible for sourcing all fabric, leather, trim etc.
- Meet independently with local vendors.
- Identify opportunities for process improvement.
What you’ll bring:
- 5+ years of Accessories Design experience at the luxury level.
- Well versed in current market trends and adjacencies.
- Excellent Sketching and Illustration Skills.
- Comprehensive technical understanding of SLG and Accessory construction and development.
- The ability to interpret Creative Director’s vision into products that are relevant to current trends and are viable to manufacture within cost parameters.
- Ability to work in creative environment, to handle pressure, to work on multiple tasks under tight deadlines yet able to provide high quality work result.
- Embrace the hands on, active, problem solving, open minded, dynamic, fun and fast pace environment.
- A love of and appreciation for luxury goods and a desire to be immersed in the world of fashion, design, and New York culture!
To apply please email us at Contact@Ambrosenewyork.com with your name, resume, portfolio, and any other information you feel is relevant.