KonMari is seeking a strategic editor and writer to contribute to the brand voice and to organize and improve our content workflow. This role reports to the VP of Content & Brand.
- Increase readership and engagement on KonMari’s editorial destination, All Things KonMari’d, and other content platforms
- Craft original and compelling content to drive brand/product awareness, customer conversion/retention
- Develop and execute an editorial calendar while managing a team of freelance writers and producers
- Plan, assign, and track deliverables from freelance writers, producers, photographers and videographers; ensure deadlines are met
- Onboard freelancers and manage invoicing
- Contribute original writing, including copy, staff writing and press responses
- Adhere to brand style guide and help to evolve it as needed
- Uphold editorial integrity and ensure the KonMari voice is consistent at every touchpoint
- Understand competitive landscape in terms of voice, marketing and messaging – and share insights in regular weekly reports
- Opportunity to grow with the company in a leadership role
- Flawless attention to detail (critical for writing/editing)
- Superior time management and organizational skills
- Demonstrated ability to produce elevated brand content with high readership and engagement
- Nerd out on words; understand the nuances of synonyms and syntax and polish every sentence until it shines
- Work effectively in a team environment as well as independently
- 6-8 years editorial and/or ecommerce experience strongly preferred
- Wordpress and Asana experience is a plus
- Bachelor's Degree
- Reports to office headquarters in Hollywood, CA
Please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Managing Editor and Writer” in the subject line.
KonMari Media, Inc. was founded by Marie Kondo, tidying expert and bestselling author, in 2016. Our goal is to help more people tidy their spaces by choosing joy, and we are committed to developing the simplest and most effective tools to help you get there.