Location: New York / Level: Entry / Function: Production & Technical / Type: Full Time
Product Development and Production Assistant for women’s luxury designer label that encompasses swimwear, clothing & activewear. Price point and market positioning are in the upper range of luxury designer.
Position responsibilities include:
- Assist the development of all collections from initial concept to final samples.
- Support for daily communication with factories, fabric mills, and trim suppliers to ensure all aspects of development and production are on schedule.
- Support in maintaining and updating garment cost sheet information, garment yield/consumption etc.
- Process data entry including style set up, costing margins, etc.
- Conduct regular factory visits to review production run samples.
- Assist in the sourcing & research of future collections
- Assist with fittings, note taking, sample and pattern trafficking.
- Assist the Manager with all cutting tickets per season.
- Assist raw material inventory management and re-orders.
- Assists and reports directly to both Production/PD Manager and Head Designer as needed.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
Production or design experience with luxury women’s apparel.
The company is in an accelerated growth state. Production staff works closely with retail, commercial, logistics, and design. This position is for someone highly organized, hard-working, meticulously detail oriented and who possesses the below:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 1-2 years experience in a similar position.
- Experience with production, sourcing and product development.
- Technical understanding of all aspects of garment manufacturing.
- MAC based computer skills, advanced proficiency in Microsoft Suite, Photoshop and Illustrator are a must. Knowledge of Apparel Magic, Zedonk, Shopify are a plus.
- Ability to creatively problem solve and think innovatively.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strong communication skills.
- Attention to detail is a must.
- Project management skills and comfortable handling shifting priorities / pressured deadlines.
To apply, please email a paragraph about yourself and what interests you, as well as your CV/Resume to Alyse@lisamariefernandez.com with the subject line "PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT / PRODUCTION ASSISTANT - YOUR NAME".
Lisa Marie Fernandez - a leading luxury lifestyle brand - encompasses diverse swim, RTW and activewear categories. Directional, impeccable and functional, Lisa Marie Fernandez designs are sold worldwide in over 30+ countries.