We are seeking a Design & Product Development Associate to advance The Arrivals brand by providing exceptional support throughout the research, concept, color, design, development, and production stages. The perfect candidate is excited to support the growth of the brand in a variety of responsibilities across the Design & Production departments.
- Daily communication with factories and mills to ensure timely progress on all developments and prototypes
- Daily update and review of all WIP and collection status reports
- Work closely with Director of Production to ensure all department needs are met in order to produce season product in a timely manner, while maintaining utmost quality of final product.
- Work closely with Creative Director and Senior Designer to develop mood boards, collection, season sketches, linesheets, etc, as well as help to facilitate all workflow aspects from concept to design to production.
- Work closely with Tech Designer to ensure all tech packs and product specs are delivered to factories in a timely manner.
- Develop and update all style BOMs and relay any and all updates to factories at a regular cadence.
- Coordinate and attend all fittings- take detailed notes and supply factories with updated fit comments and any and all material/trim changes.
- Liaises between design and production departments to solve for any potential bulk production issues.
- Ensure all design CADs are updated at all times.
- Works with mills on all custom developments, tracking progress from concept to approved sample to production launch.
- Source and test materials for season including fabrics, trims, hardware, labels, etc.
- Organize, maintain and update all internal trim, fabric, hardware, color libraries.
- Continually consult design and production calendar deliverables and alert management to any potential delays or bottlenecks.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE:
You are an intelligent, optimistic, aesthetic-driven, and solution oriented person who is excited to work with THE ARRIVALS team to create and deliver the best possible product for our customers. You are passionate about fashion and design, as well as technologically savvy and interested in all aspects of a DTC start-up.
Our ideal candidate is a motivated individual who is:
- Exceptionally proficient in Adobe Suite and Excel
- Knowledgeable about textiles, garment construction, fitting, and tech packing
- Comfortable with presenting to greater team on a daily and weekly basis
- Able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Strong illustration and hand sketching skills, with exceptional CAD sketching abilities
- 1-3 years experience in a similar role
- Degree in Fashion Design or similar
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Autonomous and resourceful with a confidence in computer skills and trend forecasting
- Superb work ethic and stamina to work long hours
- Eager to learn and adapt to new systems and processes
- Interest in all parts of a startup and how each department works together to achieve a unified goal
- Passionate about fashion with a natural curiosity to learn
Please email CV, Resume, and Design Portfolio to email@example.com.
Created by industry outsiders with a shared passion for creating the highest quality products and design, The Arrivals is a premier NYC based outerwear brand founded in the pursuit of redrafting outerwear. The Arrivals has no physical stores, no middlemen driving up prices and no markups. Instead, we carefully craft each of our outerwear pieces and sell them exclusively at THEARRIVALS.com. Steadfast on design rooted in architecture and product design, perfected fit and irreverent materiality, we are a brand doing outerwear staples and retail differently.