Forward Artists is a boutique beauty agency that represents hair stylists, makeup artists, wardrobe stylists for recognizable work in fashion, film, music, commercials, and entertainment. We're looking for a Coordinator or Junior Agent, depending on level of experience, to support the styling division.
This person will support the Styling Division Director in maintaining artist, client and brand relationships. This person must be enthusiastically engaged in seeing their work, big or small, directly affect the growth of Forward’s wardrobe stylists and the culture of the company.
Office hours are Monday through Friday 9:00am to 6:00pm, however this position does require the employee to be engaged before and after hours when jobs/artists require additional assistance.
- Administer to the artists’ careers, in terms of both celebrity, editorial and advertising, under supervision of the Director
- Negotiate stylist fees, budgets and working conditions with clients, under supervision of the Director
- Generate deal memos and aid in the management of their contracted deliverables
- Book and manage call info and travel for the stylists, and all other necessary information related to every booking
- Field incoming calls, and make outgoing job-related calls
- Maintain and update electronic and paper files
- Provide support in generating new business for the artists and the agency
- Work with the Art Department for website updates and social media
- Assist in researching, creating and sending out artist promotions
- Update and maintain client contact database for division
- Assist in invoicing and closing jobs in terms of expense reports, as related to stylists
- Plus, any other activity that may help in day-to-day operations, and any other duties that are customarily performed by an employee in a similar position within the fashion/entertainment industry
Necessary Personal Characteristics:
- Demonstrated interest in the fashion and entertainment industries
- Knowledge of working stylists, as well as hair and makeup artists
- Extremely organized and detail-oriented
- Self-motivated and forward thinking
- Excellent foresight and follow-up skills
- Outstanding collaboration and team skills, with demonstrated ability to be a proactive team member
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal
- Proficient in, even best-suited to, a fast-paced environment
- Calm and collected under pressure, while keeping a positive attitude
- Able to aid in things that come up last minute, while also working on long-term projects
- Ability to multi-task while maintaining vigilant attention to details
- Outgoing and enthusiastic
- Highly developed research skills
- Discreet with confidential information
- Strong knowledge of MS Word, Excel and various calendar management programs
- Understanding of social media, networking, interactive and online media
If interested, please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.