PLEASE ONLY SUBMIT RESUME IF YOU HAVE WORKED IN THE FASHION SPACE AND HAVE SHOWROOM/WHOLESALE EXPERIENCE!
- Support, present and sell designer’s merchandise to current clients
- Dynamically grow businesses through additional penetration within existing doors, as well as opening additional brand appropriate retail doors (including stores/ecom such as: INTERMIX, BARNEYS, BIRD, SHOPBOP, etc.).
- Develop new wholesale accounts in territory
- Effectively communicate product information to retail stores
- Build relationships and respect with showroom designers
- Effectively communicate; identify and solve client issues and concerns
- Conduct specialty store and department store visits, presentations, product knowledge clinics and comments on brand and needs of the retailer
- Identify trends and relay to both retail stores and designers
- Develop opportunities for new business
- Visit accounts; check on product placement; identify how the designer could increase their business within the account
- Communicate all purchase order information to manufacturer, both timely and accurately
- Maintain line sheets, monitor retail sell throughs, process orders, issue return authorizations
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum of 2 years in wholesale experience; preferably in SHOWROOM environments that demanded attention to multiple brands and clients simultaneously
- Preferred experience in contemporary, young designer and luxury apparel and accessory categories
- Strong operational skills in a customer-service and fast paced environment
- Excellent communication skills at all levels
- Strong analytical and decision-making skills with a high attention to detail
- High degree of initiative and adaptability
- Some experience working with domestic and/or international Department stores
- Comfortable in retail math
- Advanced skills in Excel, ability to learn Joor, Showroom Exchange and other fashion/data software
- Consistently demonstrate aptitude in resolving difficult issues
- Build and maintain extensive industry contacts and relationships
- Ability and willingness to travel
- Maintain pulse on competitive market
To Apply: Please email your resume to email@example.com, subject line Jr. Account Executive.
The Franklin St. Showroom traces its origins back to the person and the brand, Steven Alan. With the opening of his first store in 1994, Steven Alan quickly became known not only for the emergence of the casual cool world of shirting, but also his special finds and curated pieces from up and coming designers. Recognizing the need to assist those emerging designers in navigating the build out of their wholesale business, while continuing to nurture and preserve the brand itself, the Steven Alan Showroom was launched in 1997.
The Showroom was renamed to the Franklin St. Showroom in early 2017 to mark a new beginning. As the Showroom brands eclipsed in size that of Steven Alan, the namesake brand was taken back in house leaving a growing showroom and its team to move its reputation under a new umbrella. The new name pays homage to not only its longstanding location but also to the Tribeca neighborhood street that had served as the location of Steven Alan’s flagship store and corporate offices for many years.
From first opening its doors over twenty years ago, the Showroom maintains its dedication, professionalism and enthusiastic approach to growing and nurturing both emerging and established designers by introducing their collections throughout the year to a wide array of retailers from around the world, ranging from unique neighborhood boutiques to large multi door department stores to web-based retailers catering to the world of fashion.