Paul Wilmot Communications is looking for an ambitious and enthusiastic Account Executive to join its expanding Beauty team. The ideal candidate will support the senior staff on brand launches, on-going product placement, executive profiles, press previews, large scale events and managing junior staff.
Paul Wilmot Communications was established in 1997 in New York City. Over the course of the last 20 years, the agency has produced a significant public relations track record drawing from the highest profile fashion houses, prestige beauty brands, global consumer brands, retailers, and luxury lifestyle clientele. By cross-promoting within our divisions, PWC offers our clients access to new markets, thought leadership and increased visibility.
The ideal candidate for this role will possess a breadth of experience across beauty and wellness clientele, with a minimum of 3-5 years of experience in this area. This candidate will manage a roster of editorial contacts spanning beauty, wellness and lifestyle press, and have the ability to negotiate and secure product placement, beauty awards, event coverage, news announcements and ongoing editorial on behalf of clients. This candidate will have superior knowledge of the evolving media landscape and regularly contribute to new ideas for placement opportunities.
- Support Senior Beauty staff on selected accounts with guidance and direction from the team.
- Contribute to bi-annual PR plans for all beauty clients including new, buzz-worthy ideas
- Support on workflow, deadlines, budgets, and resources (both team and dollars) for selected accounts
- Handle day-to-day pitching for the client with designated contacts and outreach initiatives
- Continually update and monitor status report to ensure pitching efforts on track
- Attend divisional meetings equipped with pertinent updates, client issues, applicable news to share with Division
- Uphold a strong understanding of social and digital media and its overall importance
- A strong understanding and awareness of the influencing blogs and bloggers of the moment and the content belonging to each
- Train and manage Junior AE and Assistant on team, including detailed walk-throughs of PWC protocol, showing example of how memos / mailings are done, Fashion GPS, etc.; supervise staff to ensure daily tasks are being handled
- Knowledge of Beauty and Wellness industry mandatory
- Weekly meetings with editors and influencers
- Ability to communicate on a professional level with top level executives
- Must have 3-5 years’ experience
- Must be good communicator with good writing skills
- Must demonstrate a keen interest in the beauty and wellness field
- Proven relationships with beauty editors a must
Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org