Poosh, the newly-launched lifestyle and wellness website, is looking for an experienced Copy Editor and Writer to join our growing team.
This job entails copyediting and proofreading articles, ensuring all published copy is on-brand with Poosh’s conversational tone and is free of spelling, grammar, and punctuation errors.
Job Description and Responsibilities:
- Proofread and copyedit a high volume of articles for online publication.
- Ensure that all copy adheres to established brand guidelines.
- Perform light fact checking to ensure accuracy of information.
- While this job is remote, it does require daily contact with the editorial, marketing, and social teams.
- This is a part-time, paid position.
Who You Are:
- A self-starter with creative ideas and an extensive vocabulary.
- Works well under deadlines.
- Can produce fast turnarounds.
- Strong communication and writing skills.
- Acute eye for detail.
- Grammar perfectionist.
- Knowledge of WordPress backend is essential.
- Able to adjust tone to suit various online verticals.
- Accomplished writer with an interesting, unique POV.
- At least 5 years experience as a digital Copy Editor, ideally in the health and wellness / lifestyle sector.
- Excellent knowledge of AP Style and American English spelling, grammar, punctuation and usage.
- Must successfully complete proofreading and editing test.
- Please email: firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject: Copy Editor and Writer (we will not see your email if you do not use this subject line).
- Resume, writing samples, and references required.