O’Neill Women's is dedicated to and inspired by the adventurous and free-spirited young female. Driven by O’Neill’s heritage as the original California surf brand since 1952, O’Neill stays true to its roots, while offering a unique fashion perspective that is modern and fresh. Featuring a range of styles for all seasons both on and off the beach, O’Neill Women's includes a blend of effortlessly cool prints, dresses, tees, denim, fleece, jackets, accessories, swimwear and wetsuits. Featured in hundreds of magazines and available in more than 85 countries around the world, O’Neill reflects its personality through innovative collections, signature events, and exceptional athletes.
Join our team and enjoy a casual work environment, onsite gym, discount on clothes, summer hours and employer provided lunches and fruit! We believe our employees are our strongest asset and invest in their growth by focusing on developing their strengths. The O'Neill brand is operated by the La Jolla Group
We’re looking for a women’s marketing manager with a passion for creating better brand experiences through storytelling and incredible digital experiences. The Marketing Manager is responsible for managing all aspects of women’s marketing with an emphasis in digital and social channels, including brand growth, brand voice, digitally driven brand and influencer partnerships and the brand voice to fans and consumers. This position reports to the Women’s Marketing Director.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Fully responsible for managing marketing initiatives through all aspects of the branding process
- Work with the Director of Marketing to help build and execute the brands marketing plan
- Work with marketing and eCommerce leadership on all digital strategy and execution of all social & digital marketing initiatives
- Help pivot strategy as the digital landscape shifts: Content, Influencer, Social, Segmentation, Retention and Loyalty
- Have a deep understanding of, and passion for, marketing and/or the surf/beach lifestyle, ensuring that all touchpoints are on brand and ahead of market trends
- Drive creative content creation and campaigns based on consumer and market insights
- Create and execute digital go-to-market plans seasonally to tie all digital marketing efforts together, including social, ecommerce and retail
- Help drive incremental sales of the eCommerce business through targeted EDMs, digital assets, and social campaigns
- Conduct market research through social media and influencer listening software
- Experience working with CRMs and enterprise level ESPs
- Lead all social media initiatives including building a social content calendar and strategy for increase in engagement and follower growth
- Manage all social, consumer and media assets and create excitement around the O’Neill women’s brand by appropriate use of imagery, voice and tone
- Build strategy and execution of influencer marketing program
- Manage all influencer and athlete promo orders
- Serve as the main liaison between O’Neill and our team riders
- Track ROI across social, digital and ecommerce initiatives; identify wins and areas for growth
- Develop action plans and calendars for events, from concept to execution
- Manage ecommerce and O’Neill girls photo shoots, including budget; aid in the production and logistics of campaign/catalog shoots
- Work with sales and merchandising/design teams to ensure marketing campaigns align with key product initiatives
- Coordinate the general operational aspects of the marketing department
- Conduct competitive analysis, as well as market and trend research
- Qualified candidate will have a minimum of 6 years experience in a similar capacity marketing role.
- Experience running digital marketing and social media programs for a seasonal apparel business preferred
- Must understand brand voice and be able to execute across channels
- Ability to work with cross-functional partners and to efficiently own content asset management
- Experience with Asana or similar project management platforms preferred
- Proficiency in Google Analytics and Social Listening Tools
- Ability to move on plans quickly with a speed-of-culture approach
- Experience managing calendars, scheduling projects, and producing photo shoots
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field preferred
To Apply: Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, subject line Marketing Manager.
LJG is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran or military status, marital status, pregnancy (including unlawful discrimination on the basis of a legally protected pregnancy or maternity leave), genetic information and any other characteristics protected by law.