POSITION TITLE: Front of House / VIP Relations Assistant
Department: Public Relations
Non-Exempt; Full time
Bollare Communications is seeking a highly organized and driven individual for a full-time front of house position in our New York office. This role will also include assisting the VIP Department with various administrative duties. Bollare prides itself in working with some of the industry's most exciting and innovative fashion, beauty and lifestyle brands and we approach the representation of our office space in this same elevated manner.
- Screen all incoming phone calls, routing/taking messages as needed
- Serve as first point of touch to all guests of Bollare, appropriately greeting and guiding
- Manage all incoming and outgoing packages
- Organize and maintain all office conference rooms and common areas, both pre- and post-meetings and events
- Coordinate with east coast directors and NYC team on office needs, including supply orders, maintenance requests, event bookings, and conference room bookings
- Assist east coast directors with bookkeeping and daily tasks
- Coordinating with NYC team to ensure that the showroom is organized and properly merchandised for meetings
- Organize and maintain all office common areas – ensuring all spaces are tidy, mail/messengered items/packages are delivered to their owner in a timely manner
- Ownership and maintenance of sample inventory for clients, includes documentation of product received, issued, and returned
- Assist with sample requests, stylist pulls and VIP mailers, identifying product that would be effective. Track history as items are sent/received to various stylists and celebrities, including timely return (if loaned)
- Assist with maintaining accurate calendar of key industry events for VIP opportunities and client launches
- Maintain and organize merchandise in appropriate storage locations to insure a high standard of product integrity and presentation.
- Contribute to client reporting on a continuous basis
Bollare values professionalism in its employees. The following attributes and behaviors are identified as examples of what is expected of an employee:
- Display positive regard for others in written, verbal, and non-verbal communications
- Work effectively with colleagues by practicing punctuality, collaborative problem-solving and open and honest communication
- Act with integrity, courtesy, and responsibility even in the face of stress or demanding workplace conditions
- Maintain proficiency as needed and approved by meeting with others in area of responsibility, reading job-related materials, and pre-approved training
- Dress appropriately for a workplace with frequent client interaction
- Meet standards of confidentiality and safety. Maintain work areas in a clean and orderly manner
MANDATORY: High school diploma and equivalent of advanced education or one or more years of public relations intern experience, whose combination of experience and training demonstrates knowledge in specialized areas to perform the duties above. An ability to work independently to meet deadlines, demonstrated organizational skills with an attention to detail, and produce work with accuracy.
PREFERRED: Associate’s degree. Multilingual capabilities.
Minimum physical exertion. While performing the duties of this position, the employee is frequently required to sit, communicate, and reach and manipulate objects. The position requires mobility. Duties involve moving materials up to 10 pounds on a regular basis and up to 25 pounds on an occasional basis. Manual dexterity and coordination are required over 70% of the work period while operating equipment such as computer keyboard, mouse, calculator, and similar machines.
Usual office working conditions. The noise level in the work environment is typical of most office environments. Occasional early morning and evening hours are necessary to accommodate participation in extended office hours or to support external events.
Works under direct supervision of east coast directors.
The above description covers the most significant duties performed but does not include other related occasional work.
To Apply: Please send your resume to email@example.com, subject line FOH / VIP Relations Assistant.