HOW TO APPLY
Please send a cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to Emma Tucker, firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject “Account Executive, Public Relations – Fashion”.
No phone calls please.
Account Executive, Public Relations - Fashion (New York)
Director & Account Executive, Fashion
Full Picture is an award-winning, bi-coastal agency with a team of highly creative individuals who live and work at the crossroads of fashion, beauty, entertainment, and technology. As an agency, we forecast trends, identify key moments, and capture the public’s interest to bring our clients’ ideas to life.
The Account Executive position works closely with the senior team and leads media and influencer outreach across the company’s fashion division. The ideal candidate has a strong track record of securing top-tier placements and fostering relationships with media and influencers, as well as helping ideate during big brainstorms and client strategy.
The ability to interact with staff, clientele, and all external contacts—in a fast-paced environment, sometimes under pressure, while remaining flexible, proactive, resourceful and efficient —is crucial to this role.
It is also required that candidates hold a keen interest in the fashion/lifestyle industry in which this position centrally operates.
Assist Senior Fashion Executives in executing strategic publicity campaigns for clients:
- 3-4 years of PR experience working with fashion/lifestyle brands
- At least 2 years of experience managing others
- Agency experience desired, but not required
- 4-year college degree
- Established relationships with long lead, short lead and online editors in fashion and lifestyle sectors
- Strong and current understanding of social media platforms and an ability to increase brand awareness and generate press through this landscape
- Established relationships with fashion and lifestyle influencers
Participate in Professional Development opportunities:
- Network with PR professionals and media
- Attend networking industry events
- Share reports on media news, digital advances, and publications (trade & consumer)
- Contribute innovative & creative ideas during team and company brainstorms
- Build relationships with fashion industry members, editors, and influencers
- Assign, supervise, and manage the activities of an Account Coordinator
- Execute strategic communication plans across clients
- Able to lead, encourage, mentor, and develop junior staff members
- Effective organizational and project management skills
- Proven ability to work well under pressure with tight deadlines
- Participate in brainstorms and contribute ideas
- Excellent verbal, written, presentation, organizational and follow-up skills a must
- Ability to write interesting, creative, and effective press releases, media alerts and press materials
- Create and maintain media pitch grids
- Ability to pitch product and brand profiles
- Possess knowledge of the fashion industry and popular culture
- Ability to coordinate and execute client events
- Able to work in a team environment- someone who is an enthusiastic team player and has the ability to get along with others
- Networking with media and PR professionals and at industry events is a must
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with clients and media representatives
QUALITIES AND CHARACTERISTICS
- Passionate about the fashion industry
- Inquisitive about media & industry trends
- Embrace and embody Full Picture Values, defined as:
- Doing high quality work; being organized, buttoned up and attentive to detail; building revenue; always learning & improving (even if this means stepping outside your comfort zone).
- Treating clients, partners and colleagues with respect; taking the high road; doing the right thing; say it in the room or don’t say it at all.
- Pushing the boundaries/status quo; finding the new and most unique way to do things.
- Responding to colleagues and clients in a timely fashion; communicating quickly and clearly; operating with extreme professionalism; doing the one extra thing; always thinking about how to make the sale (whether to a current or future client).
- Being positive and enthusiastic even when things are difficult; finding the “and” and the “yes”; looking for the solution.