The Visual Designer is responsible for concepting and creating visually engaging, branded, and functional digital assets for Mara Hoffman’s marketing and merchandising functions. The ideal candidate can execute compelling, production ready visual designs, but also has a growing interest in user behavior and interaction design.
- Works closely with the Creative Director and Brand Strategy Senior Manager to ensure images and art are aligned with the brand identity across all channels: Print, Digital, E-Commerce, Wholesale and Social.
- Collaborate with creative, marketing, and sales to develop marketing and merchandising assets for promotional, seasonal, and/or ad-hoc campaigns
- Establish the look, feel, and size for various digital asset campaigns both on-site (web, desktop, mobile) and off-site (social, affiliate, paid search, remarketing, etc.)
- Work within brand guidelines to create layouts that reinforce the Mara Hoffman brand style and voice through its visual touchpoints
- Edit and retouch imagery as necessary
- Present well-developed and strategic creative solutions to meet brand objectives and marketing goals
- Self-manage multiple projects at once and ensure they are completed in a timely manner
- Establish best practices and manage an organized workflow
- Assist with e-commerce site maintenance — merchandising products, monitoring site creative, and general site improvements
- Stay in the loop and on top of the latest standards, changes, trends in visual design field
- 2+ years of experience
- Impeccable typography and graphic design skills
- Understanding of how to design for digital experiences across device types (e.g., web, touch, mobile)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong project planning and organizational skills; Excellent time-management skills
- Expert knowledge of Adobe Indesign, Photoshop, Bridge, Illustrator, and Premier Pro
- Portfolio (must be submitted with resume in order to be considered for this position) with the job title in the subject line.
Please email resume and portfolio to HMunce@marahoffman.com with the job title in the subject line.