R\West: NYC Paid PR Internship
Timing: Beginning June 2019 (minimum 3-month commitment)
Hours: 16-24 hours per week
R\West is an integrated, full-service marketing agency with offices in New York City and Portland (OR). Our goal is to provide clients with the best creative and communication tools, based on our expertise and innovation across a number of platforms, including interactive, creative design, public relations, and video production.
We are currently seeking a public relations intern for our New York office. The ideal candidate will hit the ground running, is full of creative ideas, and eager to make a meaningful contribution to the team. This position will provide real world PR experience and offer visibility into our other integrated departments such as design, social media, brand management, and more. Our NYC portfolio includes fashion, as well as wine and spirits clients.
Our internship program requires a minimum 3-month commitment, with the potential opportunity for extension and advancement within the agency. We are looking for someone who can work collaboratively, who is also a self-starter with the ability to carry out projects independently. We supervise and mentor our interns to set them up for success. The ideal candidate views PR as a potential career and has recently earned a bachelor’s degree, a rising college senior or in a master’s program.
- Monitor media coverage and trends
- Draft pitch letters and other media materials
- Research and build media lists
- Create/update activity reports
- Assist with production of creative media mailers
- Assist with event planning and production
- Participate in office-wide initiatives, including brainstorm sessions
- Assist in administrative duties, as needed, including product sends and billing
- Perform research and analysis activities
- Bachelor’s Degree (liberal arts, communications, business or marketing preferred) or a rising college senior or currently in a master’s program.
- Previous PR internship experience required.
Skills & Abilities:
Strong editing, listening, and verbal communications skills. Capable of multitasking, prioritizing, and organizing. Excellent attention to detail. Self-motivated and able to work well in a collaborative environment as well as individually. Proficiency in Office applications and use of media databases, e.g., Cision.
To Apply: Please send your resume to email@example.com, subject line PR Internship.