Founded in 2014 on the Bowery by industry outsiders with a common obsession for purposeful style and products, The Arrivals is a tribute to the creators, those with the audacity to leave the comforts of the known in order to set a new standard.
FREELANCE TECHNICAL DESIGNER
We are seeking a freelance technical designer to support the Design and Production teams throughout the process of product development and production.
- Creating development specs based on Design team direction, incorporating them into tech packs.
- Responsible for updating tech packs with specs, graded specs, fit notes, photos and revised sketches throughout the progression of development and production ahead of milestone deadlines.
- Supporting Design and Production throughout the fitting process: responsible for spec’ing garments prior, calling out design and technical discrepancies in fittings and problem-solving fit issues. Noting and being aware of all changes/updates and communicating all changes with cross-functional partners.
- Identifying potential production and quality issues and making recommendations to correct while upholding design intent.
- Working closely with Design/PD to advance technical knowledge and improve overall fit quality and grade rules to build library of blocks for evergreen styles.
- Supplying graded specs of all styles to Site backend.
- Helping Design to create mockups and technical sketches for construction and finishing if necessary
- 5+ years working as a Technical Designer in Mid-Level or Senior role, preferably for a contemporary brand.
- Experience working with Outerwear (shearling, leather, puffers) and cut & sew knits. Experience working with wovens a plus.
- Strong knowledge of garment construction, flat patterns, draping, spec’ing, and grading.
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Adobe Illustrator.
- Excellent in organization and follow-up.
- Available 30-40 hours weekly.
- Immediate availability
To Apply: Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, subject line Freelance Technical Designer.