About GARAGE Magazine:
GARAGE is a global leader in contemporary art, fashion, and luxury committed to bringing to life the most original and ambitious collaborative projects in those fields. GARAGE publishes biannual print editions, and, since its digital relaunch in October 2017, cutting-edge daily content online under the aegis of VICE Media. Since its inception, GARAGE has worked with many of the world's most celebrated creators and initiated an array of global artistic dialogues. Among the contributors to have created exclusive content for the magazine are Jeff Koons, Cindy Sherman, Damien Hirst, Richard Prince, John Baldessari, Urs Fischer, Aya Takano, Mark Grotjahn, Deana Lawson and Takashi Murakami in collaboration with cover stars such as Amy Adams, Rihanna, and Billie Elish.
GARAGE is looking for an assistant to contribute to GARAGE's visual presence on social media and to assist our Editor-in-Chief. This role will also be responsible for daily posting on GARAGE's Instagram account and carrying out the creative and editorial direction overseen by our digital team. The best candidate should be a great communicator who thoroughly understands Instagram's platform and can leverage all of its tools to grow our overall presence to engage the GARAGE reader. Candidates should also be able to gather analytics or social data. In addition, this role will be providing support to our EIC, which will require very strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
This role will offer significant opportunities for growth and the chance to work with some of the industry’s leading talent.
Responsibilities include the following:
- Creating and adhering to an Instagram social lineup
- Writing IG captions for editorial approval
- Selecting images and visually engaging content curated for Instagram optimization
- Posting 5-7 photos on GARAGE's Instagram's main feed per week
- Collaborating with GARAGE's design team to create engaging and on brand weekly IG stories
- Selecting and highlighting editorial content with a swipe up IG traffic intent
- Tracking and reporting all IG acquired traffic
- Booking travel for EIC and senior staff
- Office errands
- Coordinating miscellaneous errands/requests
- Support scheduling fashion month
- Scheduling appointments and meetings
- Organizing conference room bookings
- Submitting and reconciling invoices and expense reports
- Organizing and scheduling miscellaneous GARAGE shipments
- Organizing and scheduling shipments of GARAGE Magazine to clients
- Sending content packages for the print issue to fashion brands and contributors
- Support our graphic design team to build pitch decks
- Highly organized with excellent multi-tasking skills
- Extreme attention to detail
- Proactive and dedicated individuals with an interest in fashion, art and design
- Hands-on experience with a brand's Instagram account desired but not necessary
To Apply: Please send your resume to email@example.com, subject line Administrative Creative Assistant.