INSIDE OUT AGENCY is hiring a wholesale account manager for its multi-brand showroom and consulting agency in NYC.
Inside Out Agency serves a fashion community that is reinventing itself at warp speed. We work from the inside out, implementing new business structures, building sales distribution networks, and creating social networks that thrive in our global industry.
The ideal candidate is an enthusiastic and competent sales manager who is driven by seasonal sales goals but also passionate about long-term brand strategy. The candidate must have a minimum of 2 years wholesale experience in the apparel or footwear sector, preferably within the contemporary or advanced contemporary market.
RESPONSIBILITIES + SKILLS:
- Must be self-sufficient and organized. Inside Out represents 6-10 designers at any given time and the account manager will be responsible for sales on all brands. You are expected to create your own workflow and strategy to hit seasonal sales goals.
- Inside Out manages sales in North America, Europe, and beyond, depending on the brand, and participates in markets and trade shows in New York, Paris, Copenhagen, and Berlin. The sales manager is expected to travel and represent the agency in various markets.
- Must have existing relationships with buyers from both major and boutique accounts in the contemporary/advanced contemporary sector, and be passionate about growing your network.
- Must be proficient in Excel. Must have a professional but personal communication style both in writing and in person.
- Most importantly, you must be genuinely excited by the fashion industry and find joy in working with independent designers and retailers. Our goal is not only to sell the collections we have but to work with our brands to develop their business sustainably and successfully.
- Additionally, we have one in-house brand, KURT LYLE (kurtlyle.com), that you will have the opportunity to help develop and grow. In addition to sales, you may assist with logistics, design, and merchandising. The KURT LYLE brand is our opportunity to flex our creative muscles as well as implement the strategies we develop for other clients.
- Inside Out is a small agency and our team consists of 3-4 members on any given day. The atmosphere is casual and fun, but focused on work and productivity.
- Our schedule ebbs and flows with the fashion calendar, and you will be expected to “put in the hours” accordingly.
- We welcome creativity and expect a forward-leaning and compassionate attitude towards your work, clients, and colleagues.
Compensation commensurate with experience. Base salary + Commission.
Please email resume, cover letter, and references to Virginia@insideout-agency.com