This job opportunity has been posted by a recruiting firm on behalf of their client. Royal Braun is a search firm working with some of the most innovative brands helping them find key creative talent.
Our client is a pioneering, market-leading eCommerce company transforming their brand image by investing in a creative studio in DTLA (at The Row). This studio will support their world class customer experience while telling their story in a contemporary, emotion-oriented fashion.
They are looking for a capable stylist with strong organizational and communication skills reporting into the Style Director.
- Must have an innate eye for style, able to translate current market trends for a particular customer with ease, and an understanding of brand identity and different customer profiles.
- Must maintain current market awareness, and combine this with a keen ability to spot trends, and identify those which are relevant for the Zappos customer.
- Creativity: ability to think of new ways to present more basic items, and approachable ways to present current/ new trends.
- Must be a strong communicator: this role requires pitching ideas, communicating with remote teams and collaborators.
- This is a hands-on role, requiring ownership across the full editorial process from conceiving and pitching ideas, executing them, and sample/product management throughout.
- Support Style Director with seasonal trend forecasting/ competitor research.
- Assist in product selection process for shoots (their own, and that of Style Director)
- Assist Style Director on set for larger shoots
- Style own shoots for social and certain verticals: partner with social team on editorial/social shoots to oversee the product selection, and execute on-set styling
- Sample/product management throughout.
- Interfacing with teams working on creative for other verticals or co-op (possibly supporting/ overseeing the product selections and styling for remote/ freelance stylists)
- Liaising with Buying and Site Merch teams to make sure any product category needs are taken into account for all shoots
- Potentially working with Buying’s brand contacts to request and secure samples for certain shoots
- 4+ experience working in fashion
- Styling background: must have experience in on-figure styling and product curation
- Ability to work across administrative and creative streams: this is an equally left- and right-brain role!
- Excellent visual, verbal and written communication skills
- Self-starter, takes initiative
- Ability to manage multiple projects/ tasks in a fast-paced and deadline-driven environment
- Ability to prioritize amongst these tasks
- Team player: willing to work on projects they don’t own
- Open-minded, curious, flexible: this is a role within a team which is evolving and expanding fast
- Ultimately will oversee a Fashion Assistant / Sample Coordinator, so good delegation skills also essential
- Full time salaried role with world-class benefits