Contemporary Fashion label Retrofete is seeking a full-time Apparel Assistant Designer to join their growing team at Mint Showroom and Retrofête, the brand. Our design team works with major retailers such as NET-A-PORTER, FWRD, Revolve, Shopbop etc.
- Creating and working on groups within a collection from development to sampling
- - Able to spec, fit and create detailed techpacks
- Communicating daily with domestic and overseas factories
- Preparing for and participating in design meetings
- Track and meet deadlines for swatches and samples
- Assist Head Designer with other daily projects
- 1-5 years experience working in womenswear production
- The ideal candidate would have experience in all stages of development to production
- Good knowledge of fabric, garment construction & specs
- BA or BFA in fashion design
- Creative with an ability to sketch and translate ideas
- Ability to multi task and be a team player
- Self-motivated but able to take direction
- Clear communication skills and ability to partner cross functionally
- Able and willing to travel internationally
- Microsoft Office, Photoshop and Illustrator proficient
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Knowledge in embroidery and embellishment is a plus
- Positive, friendly, can-do attitude, willingness to learn
- Animal lover (we have an office puppy)
Must be authorized to work in the US.
Salary depends on experience.
This is an amazing opportunity to join a growing company with a close-knit team and amazing office culture. At Retrofete our design, sales, and PR teams are all interconnected, providing a working and learning experience that is both unique and beneficial to our success.
Please email your portfolio, cover letter and resume to Tugce@MintShowroom.com to be considered, subject line Apparle Assistant Designer.