Luxury Fashion Brand based in New York is seeking a Social Media and Content Manager. This person is an out-of-the-box thinker, understands the Eugenia Kim point of view within the luxury accessory universe, and uses that knowledge to engage effective content for social media in addition to coordinating creative for photo shoots. The ideal candidate is a visionary, entrepreneurial, and motivated to help create direct impact. The role will report directly to the Director of Sales and Marketing.
ABOUT THE BRAND: With an innovative approach to luxury, Eugenia Kim marries clean, classic shapes with fresh, feminine modernity and a playful sense of wit. Bold colors, unexpected trims and high-quality materials are the signature elements that define the collection every season. In 1998, after a bad haircut, Eugenia created a feathered cloche to wear as a disguise. Boutiques in her downtown New York City neighborhood immediately took notice of the inventive design, and soon after, Barneys New York placed their first order. As a result, the Eugenia Kim brand was born. Eugenia Kim quickly became fashion’s go-to headwear brand, being featured on the covers of top publications including VOGUE and W Magazine, and on-screen in blockbuster films such as Zoolander and The Beguiled. Celebrities Beyoncé, Jennifer Lopez, Madonna, Gwen Stefani and countless others also took notice, choosing the brand for red-carpet appearances, headwear for concert costumes and to offer a stylish way to shield their faces from paparazzi. Launched as a millinery collection, the brand has since expanded its offering into other categories of soft accessories, including a diffusion line, Genie by Eugenia Kim.
In 2004, Eugenia introduced her highly coveted footwear collection, which was later re-launched in 2014, and followed with an expansion into bags in 2017. Headquartered and handmade in her New York City studio, Eugenia Kim is sold at luxury retailers such as Bergdorf Goodman, Barneys New York, Harvey Nichols, Net-a-Porter and Saks Fifth Avenue, in addition to over 300 other department stores and specialty boutiques worldwide. Eugenia has been awarded the honor of 'Accessories Designer of the Year' by the CFDA.
- Strategize initiatives for growing viewership and engagement and drawing in more customers
- Work with Sales Director and Ecommerce Manager to ingest new assets on an ongoing basis
- Oversee user activity and assist with integrating data to increase sales
- Provide ongoing support to end users and promote best practices for web
- Identify and drive opportunities to optimize navigation and usability to maximize conversion; create and implement innovative business approaches to increase brand awareness
- Understand basic HTML/CSS coding; adjust the website's backend as needed
- Manage product photo-shoots, product styling and model styling as pertains to website imaging as well as seasonal Ad campaign production
- Collect end user feedback to continuously improve system performance for the team
- Write copy for all collateral around email and product launches
- Brainstorm exciting new ways to message both new and existing products
- Work collaboratively across Brand Marketing, Product Marketing and Creative to ensure consistency of Eugenia Kim’s voice and to meet key deadlines
- Work closely with Director of Sales and PR Firm on collaborations, special projects, press releases
- Mentor Ecommerce Manager on best practices
- Assess web efficiencies, services and identify areas of opportunity for improvement
- Manage web/content budget in tandem with Ecommerce Manager
- Work closely with wholesale to align market calendar, content needs and support brand vision and execution
Skills and Qualifications:
- 3+ years experience with digital marketing; retail experience preferred
- 3+ years experience in ecommerce operations management; luxury brand preferred but not required
- Team building and leadership experience required
- Impressive creative vision informed by trends and innovation
- Advanced proficiency in Shopify and Adobe Programs
- Proven editing and copyediting skills
- Creative problem solver with strong analytical abilities
- Meticulous attention to detail and organization
- Experience gaining, analyzing, and applying learnings gleaned from data
To Apply: Please send your resume and portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org, subject line Social Media & Content Manager.