Job Title: General Store Manager
Reports To: Carly Schuster, Chief Operating Officer
The General Store Manager must be excellent with customers, possess significant organizational skills, and must be able to handle numerous challenges and responsibilities simultaneously. This position acts as the primary conduit between our products and our customers. You will be fully responsible for our positive customer experience, conversion, day-to-day follow up and completion of all outstanding tasks, stocking, visual merchandising, daily inventory tracking/reporting, POS operation, cleaning and organizing as required. As such, the General Store Manager reports directly to the COO. The manager must be able to provide organization and structure as required, follow up on all inventory and sales related interaction with a high level of proficiency.
Skills required include a strong sales background with the ability to think strategically using your social skills, relationship management, information systems skills, and education to drive sales. Additionally, the manager will be required to attend special training of products/services to understand the product features, trends, and styles of our products/services. Sell products to new and established customers via walk-in business and private client sales. Process payment for products or check for stock and availability and process custom orders. Moreover, control inventory with daily out of safe/in safe inventory counts.
This position requires 3-5 years of retail experience, Bachelor’s Degree with hands on customer relationship management experience, inside sales, and retail phone/email support as needed.
Start Date: September 3rd 2019
Responsibilities and Duties
Oversee customer order process
- Client Experience
- Custom orders
- Liaise between production and sales team to ensure all orders and repairs are delivered on time
- Know products and style numbers
- Ensure all data and communication are accurate for customers and team
- Foresee issues and report to executive team accordingly
Client Communication and appointments
- Collect and input data
- Organize client appointments and ensure showroom appearance is up to standards
- Track all special orders and be able to provide status update as requested
- Responsible for client appreciation (birthdays, thank you cards, etc.)
- Bachelor’s degree with at least three years of relevant experience
- Basic business acumen skills
- Communicates effectively and customer focused
- Tech savvy
- Open availability to meet the needs of the business, including evenings and weekends
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Exceptional organization skills required as well as the ability to proactively self-prioritize workflow to ensure deadlines are met in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Own resolution of conflicts while appropriately involving management when necessary
- Ability to learn basic new technological software and applications
- Meets and strives to increase productivity standards; looks for ways to improve and promote quality
- Ability to proactively troubleshoot and problem solve
- Collaborative team player
- Fine jewelry experience
- Experience in wholesale/retail environment
Who We Are
Marlo Laz General Store Manager: We are team players who are engaging, sociable, team-oriented, and stylish. We are passionate about fashion and trends and always do what is right for our customers. We create a customer centric environment and are relentless about exceeding goals.
What We Do
As a member of the Marlo Laz field leadership team, the General Store Manager is responsible for supporting the COO in creating the conditions for success in all aspects of their store’s business, including but not limited to executing store strategy to deliver annual field priorities and creating a compelling customer experience. The General Store Manager supports the COO in sharing the vision for the store. They are knowledgeable about the competition and market trends to positively impact business. They exceed the expectations of internal and external customers. They establish effective relationships to build brand loyalty. They represent the brand, understand the competitors, and support excellent tenant and community relationships. They uphold high quality store experiences for the internal and external customer.
To Apply: Please send your resume to email@example.com, subject line General Store Manager.