Starts September 16 2019
About the MILK MAKEUP FAM: At Milk Makeup, we believe in good ingredients + epic payoff. We’re cruelty-free, paraben-free, and 100% vegan. We were born at Milk, a creative studio in downtown New York City. Our community and culture have always been our inspiration. We see personal style and experimentation as the ultimate forms of self-expression. It’s not just about how you create your look; it’s what you do in it that matters. #LiveYourLook
About the MILK MAKEUP INTERNSHIP PROGRAM: Over the course of your 14-week fall program, you’ll have the opportunity to participate and take lead on the 360 view of Milk Makeups upcoming beauty launch from a PR standpoint. You will participate in product launch research, outreach, shadowing and cross functional departmental collaboration. Our inspiration is our inclusive community and culture; we want to help you build your own network and relationships with some of the world’s coolest, most innovative people.
- Naturally progressive: You’re curious and always thinking about how to improve your and your community’s future. You value a forward-thinking space that encourages you to move the needle and take risks.
- Confident but chill: You’re flexible and ready to get the job done, but you’re humble and make moves thoughtfully. You go after what you want, but always have your team and the greater good of the brand in mind.
- Rule breaker: You’re not afraid of the unknown. You’re down to disrupt the status quo and believe that an open mind is always a good place to start.
- Inclusive + mindful of community: You embrace differences and help foster a safe working environment for yourself and your peers.
- Champion of self-expression: You’re genuinely you. You live your look and want to grow with people who champion self-expression.
What you’ll be UP TO:
- Creating and maintaining editor lists.
- Understanding the differences and processes of long lead vs. short lead.
- Executing press product send outs.
- Compiling credits and distributing results to the brand.
- Compiling weekly coverage reports
- Participating in the growth of our makeup artist outreach program to drive more credibility for the brand.
- Attending events and helping to ensure all pieces are running smoothly.
It’d be CHILL if you have:
- A strong interest in PR and beauty.
- Exceptional computer skills (MS Office, Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Professional written and verbal skills.
- An eye for detail and excellent grammar/editing skills.
- The ability to work independently and collaborate with a team.
- Strong research, time management, communication and adaptability skills.
- Prior PR internship experience (a bonus!).
Email resume/ C.V. with ‘PR Intern’ in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org