Paul Wilmot Communications is looking for a seasoned Account Supervisor to join its thriving lifestyle team, which works across hotels, restaurants, interiors and home design, non-profits and corporate profiling. The ideal candidate will lead strategy and execution on client launches, on-going press initiatives, executive profiles, press trips and special events. This candidate will need to be extremely media savvy and results-driven to succeed in the role.
Paul Wilmot Communications was established in 1997 in New York City. Over the course of the last 20 years, the agency has produced a significant public relations track record drawing from the highest profile fashion houses, prestige beauty brands, global consumer brands, retailers, and luxury lifestyle clientele. By cross-promoting within our divisions, PWC offers our clients access to new markets, thought leadership and increased visibility.
The ideal candidate for this role will possess a breadth of experience across hotels, food & beverage, design and general luxury lifestyle clientele, with a minimum of 5-7 years of experience in this area. This candidate will manage a comprehensive roster of editorial contacts spanning Senior to Executive-level Travel, Features, Food, Spirits and Design Press, and have the ability to negotiate and secure features, executive profiles, design stories, product placement and ongoing coverage on behalf of clients. This candidate will have superior knowledge of the evolving media landscape and regularly contribute to new ideas for placement opportunities.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ability to strategize, execute, and manage media relations campaigns across all lifestyle division clientele, encompassing travel, food & beverage, design, lifestyle, and business media.
- Experience writing pitches and liaising with media on a daily basis.
- Work with Lifestyle Division Director to develop media outreach strategy timeline for launches and campaigns relative to overall project timeline.
- Weekly meetings with top tier media and influencers as well as entertaining on property at hospitality clients.
- Conceptualize and execute strategic events and partnerships on behalf of clients.
- Compile monthly editorial calendars and themes timed with story opportunities.
- Manage entry level staff and interns to successfully support and implement admin requirements.
- Train and mentor junior staff to ensure growth within the agency.
Skills and qualities required:
- 5-7 years of PR & marketing experience, preferably with an agency
- Established media contacts across lifestyle, fashion, design, travel, and food & beverage.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to be a team player in an environment that requires and rewards collaboration
- BA/BS Required
To apply please send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org