This opportunity is for approximately 2 weeks ONLY, (this is not a full time position).
Approx. Dates: Monday Sept 9th - Thursday Sept 19th (including the weekend)
Approx. Hours: 9am - 6pm
Depending on experience, duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Present and sell designer’s collections and support showroom staff in presentations
- Effectively communicate product information to retail buyers
- Communicate effectively with staff, identify and solve client issues and concerns
- Record and communicate appointment notes for account executives
- Support in an operations capacity - writing up orders, entering notes, entering orders, etc.
- Straighten up hangers and overall presentation areas
- Greet stores and provide tour of the showroom and collections
- Order and Data Entry (JOOR or Showroom Exchange)
- Make line sheets and look books as needed
- Support set up and breakdown when necessary
- Dress models and return clothing to the showroom floor, steam as needed
- Maintain showroom visuals and display
- Put dishes in dishwasher, tidy all showroom areas and kitchen
If this sounds interesting please respond with your hourly pay expectations and availability.
The Franklin St. Showroom traces its origins back to the person and the brand, Steven Alan who is known not only for the emergence of the casual cool world of shirting, but also his special finds and curated pieces from up and coming designers. Recognizing the need to assist those emerging designers in navigating the build out of their wholesale business, while continuing to nurture and preserve the brand itself, the Showroom was launched in 1997. From first opening its doors twenty years ago, the Franklin St. Showroom maintains its dedication, professionalism and enthusiastic approach to growing and nurturing both emerging and established designers by introducing their collections throughout the year to a wide array of retailers from around the world, ranging from unique neighborhood boutiques to large multi door department stores to web-based retailers catering to the world of fashion.