JBC was launched in January 2014 to bring a more thoughtful approach to public relations. We craft meaningful narratives and devise dynamic, results-driven strategies that ultimately drive growth and scale for our partners. We are a media relations agency approaching PR in a way that speaks to consumers, investors, and the industry as a whole to secure market share and a defining foothold within our brands’ respective categories.
JBC represents fast-growing, venture-backed startups and uniquely competitive brands that are addressing the evolving consumer market. We tell stories across all media platforms, consumer and business, for our partners in industries spanning fashion, beauty, health and wellness, CPG, food and beverage, technology, and home.
About the Job:
AVPs/VPs oversee and execute day-to-day public relations efforts for their division, managing clients on a day-to-day basis, as well as empowering internal team members to do their best work. Senior-level staff act as cheerleaders for the agency, suggesting new initiatives for team-building, maintaining a positive workplace environment, and mentoring junior-level colleagues. Ideal candidates will also have developed, and continue to nurture, strong relationships with media.
With a roster of dynamic venture-backed brands, you will lead strategy, craft messaging, and leverage media relationships to create compelling narratives that support clients’ vision and mission. More broadly, your goal will be twofold: to participate in new business opportunities for JBC and support the drafting of new business.
- Developing PR strategies and dynamic pitches to meet client objectives and goals, going above and beyond traditional pitching efforts to suggest interesting media activations to support brand objectives
- Strategic planning and executing outreach plans, with little to no changes from your Managing Director
- Ensuring all teams are meeting client goals and objectives, and keeping teams on track
- Pitching and securing feature editorials, brand stories, and more on national and regional levels across digital, print, broadcast, and podcast media
- Spearheading thought leadership for clients, including tracking conferences, panels, and speaking opportunities, and pitching relevant clients for thought leadership events
- Updating all client materials and other written records
- Drafting of press releases, as necessary
- Compiling monthly client reporting
- Communicating with clients regularly via email, phone, and in-person, and building strong relationships with clients
- Corresponding daily with high-level editors and media contacts
- Managing and mentoring junior- and mid-level staff
- Participating in new business opportunities for JBC, and supporting the drafting of new business
Position reports to: Managing Director/Partner
- Bachelor’s degree
- 8-plus years of PR experience with significant agency experience
- Naturally proactive, with outstanding attention to detail and meticulous organizational skills
- A people person, skilled at building and nurturing relationships, with proven experience in supportive team management
- Ability to both balance many priorities and act resourcefully, all while maintaining a positive attitude
- Willing and able to work in our New York offices full-time
JBC is committed to the health, happiness, and well-being of each and every one of our employees, both professionally and personally. We strive to make our workplace one where team members are not only supported across their short- and long-term trajectory of career growth, but are also fulfilled as people, in and out of the office. Our benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Generous paid time off, including vacation, sick time, and maternity and bereavement leave, with Summer Fridays beginning at 1:30 p.m
- Inclusive holiday calendar and multiple “flex” days, and a December break running from Christmas to New Years Day off
- Work-from-home policy—that’s why we have Wi-Fi and computers
- Comprehensive health insurance for all employees, and a robust 401k plan for you to invest in your future
- Monthly all-staff volunteering opportunities
- Option to join one of JBC’s in-house committees, planning programming as it relates to internships, team-building, community service, and more
Job location: New York, NY