Starts September 16 2019
Please note this is a part-time unpaid position but we do offer a lunch stipend and college credit. Looking for currently enrolled or those recently graduated.
About the MILK MAKEUP FAM: At Milk Makeup, we believe in good ingredients + epic payoff. We’re cruelty-free, paraben-free, and 100% vegan. We were born at Milk, a creative studio in downtown New York City. Our community and culture have always been our inspiration. We see personal style and experimentation as the ultimate forms of self-expression. It’s not just about how you create your look; it’s what you do in it that matters. #LiveYourLook
About the MILK MAKEUP INTERNSHIP PROGRAM: Over the course of your 14-week fall program, you’ll have the opportunity to participate and take lead on digital site content through resizing, retouching and archiving management. Our inspiration is our inclusive community and culture; we want to help you build your own network and relationships with some of the world’s coolest, most innovative people.
- Naturally progressive: You’re curious and always thinking about how to improve your and your community’s future. You value a forward-thinking space that encourages you to move the needle and take risks.
- Confident but chill: You’re flexible and ready to get the job done, but you’re humble and make moves thoughtfully. You go after what you want, but always have your team and the greater good of the brand in mind.
- Rule breaker: You’re not afraid of the unknown. You’re down to disrupt the status quo and believe that an open mind is always a good place to start.
- Inclusive + mindful of community: You embrace differences and help foster a safe working environment for yourself and your peers.
- Champion of self-expression: You’re genuinely you. You live your look and want to grow with people who champion self-expression.
What you’ll be UP TO:
- Work with Digital and Visual Creative Directors and collaborate with the wider design and editorial team
- Real life experience working with Photoshop and InDesign, such as digital design layouts, preparing artwork for delivery, retouching markups, product spec sheets, and various other brand collateral for both digital and print mediums.
- Creative research for internal concept presentations
- Curate the digital assets filing system
- Develop design for social media, brand events, internal presentations, etc
It’d be CHILL if you:
- Excellent proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite specifically with Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign & Bridge
- Excellent graphic design and typography skills
- Retouching, illustration and animation skills would be a plus!
- Strong Communication skills – written and verbal
Email resume/ C.V. with ‘Creative Intern’ in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org