Purple is actively seeking a bright, enthusiastic and entrepreneurial Junior Account Executive to join its thriving beauty division.
Based in Chelsea, New York, Purple represents a number of fantastic beauty brands.
This is an entry-level role and you will be a hard-working and proactive candidate with 0-2 years of experience, who is enthusiastic, works well within a team and has a passion for the beauty industry. Relevant beauty internship experience is preferred.
The right candidate will demonstrate a high degree of initiative, be results-driven and have an enthusiasm to develop within the team. They will be articulate and highly organized, possess strong communication and writing skills, be competent at media analysis, reporting and thrive on attention to detail. This role will require the right candidate to develop their media contacts and be creative in proposing ideas and initiatives to the team.
STRATEGIC OBJECTIVES AND RESPONSIBILITES:
- Highly organized and efficient with all tasks
- Excellent time management skills and adherence to deadlines
- Possess excellent team skills, working alongside junior and senior members of the team & support across all activities where needed
- Manage team interns to ensure day to day operations run smoothly and PR results are delivered; while supporting them in their growth to the next level
- Facilitate mailings and product send outs for press, influencers and VIPs
- Manage beauty sample inventory
- Manage and compile client reports and presentations – proficiency in Excel, PowerPoint and Photoshop preferred
- Create press releases that are both visually appealing and informative
- Support the team in managing and coordinating press events, new product launch events, and desksides alongside more senior staff
- Drive to establish strong industry contacts with junior to mid-level beauty press, both online and in print and with key beauty bloggers
- Will bring dynamic, creative insight into the agency through personal contacts network and interests
- 0-2 years of communications & public relations experience, preferably within the beauty industry
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Team player who thrives on collaboration. Has ability and desire to interact with people at all levels
- Ability to work well independently in a fast-paced environment under hard deadlines
- Superior organizational and problem-solving skills
- Strong working knowledge of social media platforms and print & online publications
- Invested interest and knowledge of beauty and fashion industries, and stays up-to-speed on current affairs
- Candidates should apply in writing with a covering letter attaching your CV and email to jobsNY@purplepr.com
- Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the US
Based in Chelsea, New York, with full-service offices in London and Los Angeles, Purple represents a variety of brands across different areas of expertise including Beauty, Fashion, Lifestyle & Hospitality. Purple is independent in philosophy, attitude and operation – offering a boutique in-house approach, the strategic requirements of each client are individually tailored from the outset.