The Eighth Floor is growing, again! We're looking for an Account Executive along with a Senior Account Manager or Account Director with a passion for art, fashion and lifestyle. The candidate should be uber organized and well-versed in the PR world, particularly in travel, fashion and lifestyle, have great contacts with key editors across these departments, and be EXTREMELY goal oriented. The Eighth Floor promotes constant growth, and proactivity is key. We pride ourselves in supplying creative ideas and media solutions to our clients, and this person should be ready to inspire and share their ideas freely.
- Secure strategic press coverage including features as well as product placement in top international and national print and online media outlets
- Maintain strong relationships with key and lifestyle, fashion and travel editors and influencers as well as relevant fashion stylists and key features editors
- Create innovative communications strategies that maximize brand visibility and create social media campaigns
- Conceptualize and execute client events
- Cultivate relationships with influencers for product seeding/recruit brand ambassadors
- Have experience in creating and managing budgets for events and programming
- Team management skills and team training for other roles within their team, including leading brainstorming sessions for existing client initiatives and new business pitching
- VERY strong writing skills is imperative!
- Minimum 4 years agency experience for SAM
- Superior knowledge of fashion/consumer media practices, as well a excellent track record in garnering top tier coverage in print, broadcast TV and online mediums
- Candidate MUST have experience in press event planning
- Candidate is responsible for managing timely distribution of editorial reports and press clippings
- Must exhibit strong writing, communication and presentation skills to effectively articulate ideas to clients, agency principals and colleagues
- Ability to multitask and maintain quality work under pressure
- Willingness to travel for programs and events (percentage varies per client)
The Eighth Floor offers employees very generous benefit compensation packages
The Eighth Floor Communications is on the hunt for a part-time freelance fashion and lifestyle publicist. This individual must be detail-oriented, able to develop media strategies, identify story angles, create press materials and secure top tier coverage for clients. A minimum of 2 years media relations experience within the entertainment industry is required.
Please send any qualified candidates to Kulsoom at firstname.lastname@example.org, with the position you're applying to as the subject line.