GALERIE.LA is the premier retail destination for conscious women who love fashion. We thoughtfully curate the finest selection of sustainable fashion from emerging brands worldwide. GALERIE.LA is committed to transparency - we empower our customers to shop their values using a badge system, disclosing where every item in our store is made and the materials its made from. We’re currently seeking a CONTENT & COMMUNITY MANAGER for our flagship and first offline store located at ROW DTLA.
Retail - Content & Community Manager
Are you a content or community manager looking for a new challenge in a retail space? Are you seeking greater ownership and building long-term sustainable value?
We're expanding our small team and bringing on a new Retail & Community Manager to drive our content and grow our community of conscious consumers, sustainable businesses and brand ambassadors.
- Managing the day-to-day store operations
- Maintaining company standards and expectations
- Engage with our ROW DTLA community to coordinate holiday gifting services
- Daily, weekly and monthly reporting to Founder about store happenings, developments, customer visits
- You will own our content calendar, determine which brands, products and categories to feature and create editorial stories around them for our newsletter, blog and social media channels.
- Conduct SEO research and optimization.
- Create thoughtful content!
- Manage/grow the community. You'll serve as our brand ambassador, engage with the community, and manage the flow of communication with our community.
- Oversee quality metrics.
- Outsource necessary tasks and seek out new collaborations with creatives, ethical businesses and sustainable influencers and leaders to produce original content.
- Excited about changing the world and supporting the GALERIE.LA mission
- 2+ years experience as a content creator and manager, content marketer, community manager or social media manager, or other relevant digital marketing field.
- Exceptional customer service and sales driven. Hospitality experience and overall mindset.
- Understanding and experience managing a small team.
- Demonstrate integrity, dependability, responsibility, accountability, self-awareness, work ethic, and empathy.
- Writing skills and editorial instinct. You can research, write and edit engaging content.
- Basic familiarity with SEO. You understand basic SEO best practices and how to conduct keyword research using tools such as Google Trends, Google Keyword Planner, or SEMRush.
- Strong analytical skills. You know how to translate goals into KPIs and optimize them over time. You're familiar with basic analytics tools for social media, email, and the web.
- Interest in online shopping and e-commerce. You love tracking sustainable fashion brands, consumer trends and keeping up with the latest innovations in fashion.
- Has knowledge of the local DTLA community.
- Able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Motivated self-starter who is able to work with minimal supervision.
- Creative problem-solver.
- Professional demeanor and chic appearance.
- Strong planning and organizational skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Commitment to company values.
- Flexible schedule and must be able to work weekends.
About the job:
- Emphasis on ownership. This is a leadership role.
- Lead and motivate a small team to increase sales by fostering a creative and collaborative environment.
- Tentative Schedule: Monday, Tuesday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday, Store Hours: 10:30am - 6:30pm *Must be flexible for longer hours due to events.
- Independent Contractor. Temporary to hire: 3 month commitment
- This position pays a set monthly salary of $2400 + commission. Pay is Bi-Weekly every other Friday.
- Job Type: Full-time
- Online Sales Commission
- Clothing Allowance
- Monthly Per Diem
- Team lunches + team events
- DTLA Los Angeles, CA (GALERIE.LA Required)
- Email Resume & Cover letter to email@example.com with the email subject “Retail - Community & Content Manager” telling us about yourself and why you are a great fit for the Retail - Community & Content Manager
- 1 minute video “What connects you to GALERIE.LA’s mission?”
- Links to Portfolio, Website/Blog and/or Instagram
- Demonstrate interest in sustainable fashion with any relevant content you’ve written or produced.