Optimist Consulting is a fully integrated public relations and digital marketing firm specializing in residential real estate and lifestyle brands. Year-after-year, Optimist is recognized by the Observer as one of the top specialty PR firms in New York.
Optimist is looking for an experienced social media manager with at one years of agency experience to join our ever-growing team. This role has strong growth potential and we are looking for someone who is highly motivated, articulate with clients, creative, a team-player, and understands where social media is going.
You will be responsible for overseeing social media strategy, community management, content calendars, and reporting for a number of social media channels for our real estate and architecture clients in alignment with the communications and PR strategy and goals.
We are looking for a creative, hands-on, smart individual, with excellent writing skills who is organized, hungry to learn, and with a strong understanding of social media and luxury branding.
- Work closely with the digital marketing director to generate new content ideas for social media accounts
- Oversee accounts and manage clients’ expectations
- Develop overall social media strategy to drive engagement and increase followers
- Collaborate with team members to develop, produce, and publish content calendars
- Coordinate social media events and develop relationships with influencers
- Plan and execute live social media coverage for events
- Create and oversee content updates that are posted on main social media channels (Instagram and Facebook mostly)
- Offer innovative solutions and stay current with social media trends
- Create monthly reports to showcase growth, engagement and highlight relevant info
- Write blog posts for the optimist consulting website about social trends
Qualifications / Desired Skills
- 1 year of experience as a social media manager at an agency
- A passion for architecture, design, New York, luxury, real estate and storytelling
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- Demonstrated experience of using social media in personal or professional setting
- Comfort with photo and/or video editing within a social context is a plus
- Ability to juggle multiple priorities and meet deadlines in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Exceptional attention to detail, verbal and written presentation skills, and organizational skills
Competitive salary. Benefits.
To apply: email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, subject line Social Media Manager.