Purple are actively seeking a bright, enthusiastic and entrepreneurial Account Executive to join its thriving beauty division based in the LA office, reporting directly to the NY office.
Based in London, New York and LA, Purple represents a number of luxury beauty brands as well as fashion and lifestyle clients.
You will be a hard-working and proactive candidate with ideally 2-4 years of experience who is enthusiastic, works well within a team and has a passion for the beauty industry, press & influencer relationships, and event experience.
The right candidate will have excellent press contacts and demonstrate a high degree of initiative and creativity when pro-actively proposing new ideas. They will also be an articulate presenter, possess good writing skills, be competent at media analysis, reporting and thrive on attention to detail.
STRATEGIC OBJECTIVES AND RESPONSIBILITES:
- Support the senior staff and manage communication strategies to support the growth of the Purple’s brands
- Established, strong industry contacts with LA based beauty press and influencers, both online and in print and with key beauty bloggers
- Strong event planning experience
- Manage and coordinate press events, new product launch events alongside senior staff
- Manage junior staff & help them grow & develop in their careers
- Strong relationships with MUAs
- Ability to creatively & strategically plan and implement PR campaigns, partnerships and events, working alongside senior staff
- Manage junior members of the team to ensure day to day operations run smoothly and PR results are delivered; while supporting them in their growth to the next level
- Proven success in product placement
- Create press releases that are both visually appealing and informative
- Possess excellent team skills, working alongside junior and senior members of the team
- Assist in driving, organizing, and executing PR programs in North America & Global projects
- Liaise with all clients to ensure the brand voice is consistent in each market
- Efficient, organized with excellent time management skills and adherence to deadlines
- Experience managing and compiling client reports and presentations – PowerPoint and Photoshop experience preferred
- Knowledge & understanding of budgeting processes
- Understanding of both niche and corporate brands
- Will bring dynamic, creative insight into the agency through personal contacts network and interests
- 2-4 years of communications experience, preferably within the beauty industry
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Team player who thrives on collaboration. Has ability and desire to interact with people at all levels
- Ability to work well independently in a fast-paced environment under hard deadlines
- Superior organizational and problem-solving skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Event experience
- Experience and ability to manage budgets
- Strong working knowledge of social media platforms and print & online publications
- Invested interest and knowledge of beauty and fashion industries, and stays up-to-speed on current affairs
To Apply: Please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org., subject line Account Executive, Beauty.