Solana is hiring a freelance footwear designer and developer to relaunch the brand. Working with the CEO/Creative Directive director this freelancer will be an integral part of the team as we grow. Designer is expected to create collections collaboratively taking inspiration from global travels inspired by architecture and history.
- Partner closely with Creative Director to consistently develop and improve Solana’s Collections.
- Create sketches, illustrations, and style information for Solana’s collections.
- Responsible for creation, development and execution of materials, sketches, prints, trim and hardware for product development.
- Identify/source material references for inspiration; monitor industry trends.
- Brainstorm new concepts with Creative Director.
- Communicate with Factory to manage assigned work from inception or product throughout completion.
- Adhere to design calendar deadlines and timelines; ensuring all designs are completed accurately and on time.
The Ideal Candidate
- 2-4 years relevant experience, including sketching and illustration, preferably in footwear.
- Keen understanding of proportions, measurements, and footwear construction.
- Degree in Design or related field.
- Strong ability to work autonomously; keen time management and organization skills.
- Ability to work well with tight deadlines.
- Strong computer skills with general knowledge in basic design software (Photoshop, Illustrator, etc.).
- Exceptional communication skills with the ability to engage and interact with a diverse workforce.
- Keen attention to detail.
- English, Full professional proficiency
- Spanish is a plus
Solana is more than a brand, it’s a movement. It shines light on cultures, connects people, and spreads a positive message of love and peace.
At Solana, we make handcrafted shoes inspired by our travels. With each collection, we feature a different country and create a line of shoes that tells its story.
We believe in the magic of authentic travel and the wonders it can do to the human soul. We believe that travel should be an organic experience because the nectar seeps only when you step out of your comfort zone to meet locals, taste new food, and get lost in a new place. Solana exists to preserve this cultural authenticity.
*Please email your cover letter, portfolio and resume to be considered. Candidates must have fashion/apparel background.*
Job Type: Freelance / Remote.