JOB TITLE: Business Development Manager
LOCATION: New York, New York
ABOUT SCHOOL HOUSE:
School House is a New York based creative agency experienced in brand strategy, branding, and environment design with a focused interest in beauty, wellness, and lifestyle.
In an era where even people are brands, we are committed to un-branding. It’s not a dogma or a set of rules; it’s an interchange. We don’t believe in hierarchy, but in honesty, creativity, and partnership.
It's impossible to fail when you seek to create because creation is starting with nothing and ending with something. If you appreciate that, and understand the hours put into it (because we know how long it takes), and love close quarters, healthy snacks and cannabis candles, you’ll ‘get’ working at School House, and we’d love to meet you.
If you think clients are something to be tolerated, please swipe left.
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
The School House family is looking for an a motivated, self-starter, to fill the open position of Business Development Manager working closely with the agency’s Founder & Principal Chris Skinner. This role is highly involved in all stages of the new business and the lead generation process, from marketing strategy to CRM management. Due to the niche nature of our projects and our relationship with clients, we seek thoughtful individuals who understand and enjoy working in business development within the beauty space; ultimately, we want you to love what you do!
- Acts as the first point of contact for all New Business prospects and opportunities
- Prepares SOWs in partnership with the Founder and Operations teams
- Builds and executes lead gen strategy and top of funnel activities that generates inbound interest
- Researches target clients and builds relationships
- Researches and prepares for new business meetings
- Manages all marketing activity including Thought Leadership
- Manages CRM and publishes pipeline reports of new business opportunity stages
- Works closely with Founder on opportunities for speaking, participation in 3rd party events and PR opportunities.
WHAT YOU NEED IN ORDER TO SUCCEED AT THIS ROLE
- 5+ years of professional experience
- Strong writing ability
- Excellent organizational skills, quality execution, and attention to detail
- Flexibility and openness throughout the listening, thinking and designing process
- Ability to multitask and manage several projects simultaneously
- Strong communication skills with ability to articulate ideas and concepts clearly and accurately to internal team, clients and cross functional partners
- Passion for beauty and the latest trends in the luxury category
- Salary range of 75-85K, dependent on experience
- Full medical, dental and vision benefits
- Unlimited PTO
To Apply: Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.