Fashion Design Assistant needed for a trend-driven, casual-chic apparel brand in Los Angeles, CA. If you are a highly creative, team-player that can help translate fashion stories as well as contribute to new trends and influences, then this job is for you!
The Fashion Design Assistant takes direction from the Design Director and the women’s Ready-to-Wear Design team, but also works closely with Sales Managers, Buyers, Production and Planning teams.
- Assist Design team by researching and interpreting trends into commercial designs
- Create key silhouettes using fabrics and trim within brand aesthetic
- Gather & use relevant internal / external information and reports to utilize in product designs
- Partner with the Design Director and wholesale and retail Buyers to develop the vision and direction of the brand
- Responsible for producing specs either by hand sketching and/or CAD
- Attend weekly Design meetings and present story boards with team
- Attend cross team meetings with Sales, Buyers, and Planning and Production
- Attend and take notes in fit meetings to better understand design, fit and fabric
- Bachelor’s or Associate’s degree or fashion Design work experience in lieu of degree
- Experience; 1-3 years’ of sketching or CAD Design experience
- Working knowledge of InDesign, Illustrator (or similar), Photoshop, MS PowerPoint, Word and Excel
- Design category: women’s or missy Ready-to-Wear trendy, luxury or chic design
- Some sourcing experience with a variety of fabric, trims, wash - with desire to learn
- Strong eye for trends, design influences, creative stories and inspirations
- Work independently and as part of a team while taking direction and receiving communications
- Capable of creating designs that influence sales and maintain business goals
- Ability (or desire to) read and implement sales forecasting and planning reports and use information while creating designs, revisions, exclusives, etc.
- Strong attention to detail, open to suggestions and critique
- Must provide portfolio and or work samples, when asked during the interview process
- Work onsite Monday - Friday in Los Angeles Fashion District during business hours
To Apply: email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org Be sure to include a link to your portfolio (or work samples) and put “Fashion Design Assistant” in the email subject line.
Talent Suede offers creative and corporate jobs in the apparel and beauty industries full time and freelance. The Design Assistant, LA job is a full time role with excellent benefits and perks onsite at a major fashion brand in their headquarters located in the Los Angeles Fashion District. For more fashion jobs, events, and resume / career tips see. www.talentsuede.com
Good luck & we hope you land a job you love!