L'Officiel USA is searching for creative, enterprising editorial interns for the Spring 2020 semester, starting in January. We are looking for applicants who are excited about fashion and culture and eager to gain hands-on experience working in the publishing industry, in areas including writing/editing, social media, multimedia, and communications. We are a small team and interns will have significant opportunities to contribute their ideas.
Responsibilities will primarily focus on the intern's area(s) of interest, and may include:
- Pitching, researching, and writing stories for the L'Officiel USA website
- Transcribing interviews for the editorial staff
- Building posts in our CMS and assisting with the editing of content from our international partners
- Helping with planning, research, and design for our social media platforms
- Assisting editors with planning, research, and communications
- Working on multimedia projects
Born in Paris and raised in America, L’Officiel USA is part of a leading global network of fashion, beauty, and lifestyle publications. Steeped in the history of French fashion and adding the perspective of the moment's most exciting cultural figures, the magazine today has a global eye for contemporary style, offering visually beautiful and thought-provoking stories that inspire. With a mission to publish the best that culture has to offer, L'Officiel USA is dedicated to providing readers with vibrant and intelligent features, the latest news, and articles reflecting an inclusive, dynamic, and global community.
- Enrollment in an accredited institution in a relevant field or course of study, preferably journalism, fashion, art history, cultural studies, or other programs with an emphasis on writing
- Experience writing and fluency in English is necessary for the role
- Previous internship experience at a fashion or culture publication
- Experience working with a CMS
- Basic knowledge of Photoshop/Adobe Creative Suite, as well as proficiency in a foreign language, are a plus!
This internship is for school credit. Applicants should send a resume, a cover letter indicating areas of interest and detailing why they want to intern with L’Officiel USA, as well as three writing samples, to Ali Webb (email@example.com).