Eugenia Kim is looking for a part-time intern (2-3 days a week) for 3 months that is currently enrolled in school and can receive school credit. The design intern will be assisting the team in all areas so this is a wonderful opportunity to learn about working for a luxury wholesale fashion company. This position requires a high energy go-getter that pays very strong attention to detail.
The design intern works directly alongside our design team as they work on our seasonal collections as well as on one-of-a-kind pieces for press and celebrities. There are many opportunities for a self-motivated intern to handle a variety of projects and to learn a wide range of skills.
- Contribute ideas and creative input for all product categories under the umbrella of Eugenia Kim, Inc. from research to idea generation to sample production. Research and help develop trends and ideas
- Directly reporting to both the Product Development Manager and Head Designer
- Assist with the administrative needs of the Design/Product Development department
- Assist in communication with domestic and overseas factories, and fabric and trim mills throughout the design and development process
- Assist in creating and updating tech packs throughout the design and development process utilizing Photoshop, Illustrator and Excel
- Source fabrics, materials, trims and inspiration from local industry trade shows, showrooms, and the garment district.
- Help to organize and archive fabrics, samples etc.
- Work hands-on with the in-house sample room and local factories to help realize samples
- Assist Production Department with errands where needed
- Bachelor’s Degree in Fashion Design or Accessories Design
- 2-3 internships in Fashion Design, with experience in Accessories and/or the Luxury or High End Contemporary sector a major plus
- Experience with tech packs/CADs
- Strong Photoshop, Illustrator, Excel skills
Candidates must be able to legally work in the US, and able to start immediately.
Please send your resume and portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org, subject line Fashion Design Intern.