Leading communications firm, Chapter 2, is seeking a full-time PR and VIP Account Executives handling multiple luxury and streetwear fashion, social impact, sustainability, and cannabis accounts. This role interacts closely with clients/designers and top-tier media and stylists, with responsibilities across public relations and VIP relations. This role starts remote work during this time and is open in both our New York City (Manhattan) and Los Angeles (West Hollywood) offices.
The ideal candidate has 3-4 years experience in a public relations and/or VIP relations capacity, either in-house with a top brand or a leading agency, handling multiple brands with intimate knowledge of luxury fashion and streetwear, creative partnerships, media, placements, events and activations, and a network of excellent editorial and stylist contacts.
Apply with your cover letter and resume at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Lead proactive outreach to target editors and stylists to secure media and VIP coverage
- Produce and publish effective press materials including pitches, press releases, media alerts, and bios
- Work with team and clients with creating effective press and marketing strategies and initiatives to hit brand goals and drive awareness
- Work with NY and LA teams to produce Press Previews and editor meetings, client events, and showroom appointments
- Assist in planning and execution of client events across all company divisions including budget management
- Coordinate day-to-day PR and VIP activities on client accounts; including sample trafficking, influencer/VIP outreach, gifting/seeding, and managing showroom collections
- Research and propose new talent, including but not limited to celebrities, bloggers, social media celebrities, for clients; work with PR Director to create integrated celebrity/VIP plan and budgets for each client in conjunction with master client strategy
- Maintain calendar of Entertainment Marketing Initiatives this should be a living document to be shared with respective account teams and clients
- Oversee creation of all celebrity/VIP and influencer target lists
- Monitor press coverage and report directly to client; oversee completion of monthly status reports and ensure delivery to client; work with NY and LA teams on regular updating of client press books and reports
- Recruit, manage, mentor, and lead junior staff members and seasonal interns
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of principles in PR, marketing, and digital media, as well as global media landscape
- Excellent relationships with media contacts and celebrity stylists in fashion, cannabis, culture, and lifestyle press in both the print and online/digital space
- 3+ years experience in a public relations capacity either in-house with a top brand or at a leading agency
- Experience successfully managing PR campaigns from strategy development through execution with track record of proven results; experience developing goals for team and clients, and monitoring and reporting on progress to teams
- Effective leadership qualities and proactive attitude with managing projects and responsibilities
- Strategic thinker who can bring fresh and innovative ideas to the team and implement strategies to bring these ideas to life
- Strong interpersonal and analytical skills; attention to detail and strong organization skills
- Highly adept at multitasking and managing multiple projects simultaneously and effectively
- Highly proficient with Fashion GPS/Launchmetrics or Mayvien, MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Dropbox, Google programs, Cision, and social media platforms
- Availability to travel domestically and internationally
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience. PTO and company healthcare benefits are offered to all full-time employees including Health, Dental and Vision insurance.