Very Good Light, the leading site for Generation Z men and beauty, is seeking a Spring 2021 social media intern who is ambitious, self-starting and has a can-do attitude. Given our circumstances, this will be a remote internship. Some duties will include: writing original content, brainstorming big picture stories to finding new beauty products/trends; assisting with social media including Instagram Stories; booking and securing talent; and more.
The site has been covered in the New York Times, Vogue, Allure, Teen Vogue, HighSnobiety, USA Today, among others. We believe confidence starts from the inside out.
Who we're looking for:
- Interns who love diversity, understand inclusivity, have a curiosity for beauty/grooming products and how they enhance the lives of men.
- Ambitious and kind candidates only.
- Students who want to change perceptions, push culture, and spread inclusivity throughout the world.
Intern duties include:
- Assisting, planning, creating social posts
- Tracking TikTok, Instagram, Twitter and Facebook for analytics and growth
- Understanding algorithms and pacing of these different social media apps
- Assisting with growing social media with a direct plan of action
- Assisting with the editorial calendar, reaching out to new talents for takeovers, helping to manage the Very Good Light community
REQUIREMENTS/NECESSARY SKILLS FOR RECRUITMENT:
- Understanding of journalism, strong reporting and writing skills.
- A commitment of 15-30 hours a week.
- A strong understanding of the Web, Internet, beauty trends, and how social media.
- Great attitude and a can-do spirit.
- Ability to be an independent thinker and work independently.
To Apply: Please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. subject line Spring '21 Social Media Internship.
ABOUT VERY GOOD LIGHT:
Very Good Light is the leading masc-identifying beauty and grooming destination for Generation Z and young Millennials. Born from the idea that confidence comes from the inside out, Very Good Light aims to redefine masculinity and men’s beauty standards. This is accomplished through personal essays, impactful longform stories, compelling photography and videos, along with personable how-tos and product reviews. We believe that confidence starts from the inside out.
We've had the opportunity to work with the best of brands and tell compelling, culture-pushing stories. Just look at our recent genderless campaign with Milk Makeup. Our site, though in its fifth month, is constantly in the press. From the New York Times, Teen Vogue, Vogue, USA Today, Digiday, Fashionista, Observer, Racked, Refinery29, Highsnobiety and more, we're one of the buzziest new brands.