Full time position
Location: South Florida (must be local)
Years of experience: Related internships or 1-2 years of experience
In 1998, entrepreneur Jack Penrod introduced the world to Nikki Beach, the first and original luxury beach club concept that combines the elements of music, dining, entertainment, fashion, film and art into one. Today, as Nikki Beach marks over 20 years in business, the brand has grown into a global, multifaceted lifestyle hospitality company with 13 beach clubs, 5 hotels and resorts, a fashion division (including lifestyle boutiques), special events and Nikki Cares, a 501c3 non-profit charity.
Nikki Beach Global seeks a college graduate for a Public Relations & Copywriting Assistant role.
Assist the Director of PR, Communications & Social Media in creating and reviewing internal and external content for the brand’s global locations. Maintain PR and influencer databases and pitch relevant media in key markets for editorial placements.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Work with the global and location teams to review and/or propose written documents for PR, marketing, etc.
- Ensure that content is well written, adheres to brand standards and reflects the brand voice
- Come up with creative text that feels fresh and exciting
- Juggle multiple projects, typically with short deadlines
- Work with the Global PR Director to develop PR campaigns that support social media and marketing strategies
- Lead press tracking/reporting across global and all of the locations using Meltwater and other helpful tools
- Assemble regular press updates that will be shared to the executive teams via the PR Director
- Collaborate with internal teams and maintain open communication
- Work with the locations to ensure that they are maximizing the usage options of Meltwater and update the global PR tracking database on a regular basis
- Create interesting pitch angles/pitches for the US and key markets that don’t have PR agency support and liaise with media contacts in those markets to secure impactful press placements
- Use Cision to maintain a global pitch list spanning hospitality, trade, fashion, lifestyle, etc. contacts in print, online, broadcast, etc.
- Focus on fashion media to pitch the Shop Nikki Beach assortment
- Create, edit and update press releases, media alerts, media kits, etc.
- Look for interesting partners that the brand can collaborate with on a global level
- Vet and address inquiries from the media and other parties
- Update and maintain the influencer database alongside the social media team
- Monitor brand conversations via social media
Skills and Qualifications:
- Excellent organizational skills and an extreme attention to detail
- Proven intern or job experience in a similar role
- An understanding of researching, writing and proofreading
- Strong communication ability (oral and written)
- Experience managing media relations (online, broadcast and print)
- Proficient in MS Office and social media
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Creativity and problem-solving skills
- Enthusiasm for the role
To Apply: Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, subject line PR & Copywriting Assistant.